Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Fandom for Oklahoma


It is with heartfelt sympathy and utter determination to help that I pledge to donate to this newest fandom cause.

I have lived in Missouri all my life, which is in Tornado Alley, so I'm very attuned to the weather. I've personally witnessed several tornadoes throughout my life, so I know first hand what the damage is like. This being said, it is some of the most frightening and unreal moments that I have lived through. Each tornado is unique, though they may share similar characteristics. They're unpredictable and extremely dangerous.

Survivors mourn for those lost, clean up, and re-establish their communities. Remember the monstrous EF-5 tornado that obliterated Greensburg, KS May 7, 2007? Or how about the catastrophic EF-5 multi-vortex tornado that struck the southern side of Joplin, MO on May 22, 2011?

As Americans, we have a long history of dealing with tragedy, coping, and moving on. As a fanfic author in the awesome family known as the Twilight fandom, I'm answering the call for help. Within a day, a group on Facebook was formed and a site built in response to those asking, "What can I do?"

Here's the site: Fandom for Oklahoma Donors get to select which organization their dollars can go to: the Red Cross, the Salvation Army, or the ASPCA. Please give a donation by July 7 in order to receive the compilation. Thank you for helping out your fellow humans (and pets).

No comments:

Post a Comment